|You are here:  Cambria > Obituaries > YOUNG, Jacob H.|
YOUNG, Jacob H.
|Johnstown Daily Tribune, 29 Nov 1920, Page 4, Contributed by Sue Elliott|
|J. H. Young Dies in a Pittsburg Hospital|
Deceased was One of the Original Members of Old Mineral City Band
Jacob H. Young, of 517 Cambria avenue, this city, died last night in a Pittsburg Hospital, where he had been a patient since last summer, when he was injured while at work here for the Cambria Steel Company. He was in his 60th year. The body was brought to Johnstown this afternoon and was turned over to the John Henderson Company. The funeral will take place from the deceased's late home at 2 o'clock on Wednesday afternoon, the services to be conducted by the Rev. Henry W. Snyder, of the first Lutheran Church, with burial in Grandview Cemetery.
The deceased was a son of the late Emil and Susan Young and was born at the Young residence on Clinton street, this city, in the summer of 1861. His father was a well known Johnstown jeweler and perished in the Johnstown Flood of May, 1889, where Frank Young, a brother of Jacob H. Young, also perished. Henry Young, another brother died a number of years ago in Philadelphia. The deceased was a brother of Emil Young, the Vine street tire service dealer, and Mrs. Rosa (Young) Ruthrauff, of Los Angeles, Cal. Besides these, he is survived by his widow, Mrs. Alice Young, of the Fifth Ward.
J. H. Young was one of the original members of the Mineral City Band, a popular musical organization of Johnstown some 30 years ago. It was formed by Dr. Harry Fry, the local dentist, and its first meeting place was in the office of Weakland & Marshall's lumber yard, Fourth Ward. From here Mr. Young went to the western part of the State and became leader of a band near Pittsburg. At the time of the Johnstown Flood Mr. Young was engaged in business in this city. At one time Mr. Young was a solicitor for the "Morning Journal." He had been an employee of the Cambria Steel Company since 1900.