|You are here:  Cambria > Obituaries > PARRISH, Mary Ann (O'Hara)|
PARRISH, Mary Ann (O'Hara)
|Cambria Freeman, 29 Jun 1906, Contributed by Patty Millich|
|Mrs. Mary Ann Parrish |
Died at the residence of her son-in-law and daughter, Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Brown on Center street, Ebensburg, Wednesday, June 27, 1906, Mrs. Mary Ann, relict of the late Edward Parrish, of Munster township, aged 83 years.
The subject of this sketch was born in Adams county, but her father – the late David O'Hara – moved to this county while she was yet a child, locating in Munster township on a farm near Luckett's Station where his son, John O'Hara, now lives.
In early life she was married to Edward Parrish, Rev. Father A. P. Gibbs, then of Summit, performing the ceremony. After her marriage she resided with her husband on their farm in Munster township until about twenty years ago, when Mr. Parrish died, since which time Mrs. Parrish resided principally in Ebensburg with her daughter.
Of the children born to Mr. and Mrs. Parrish, just three survive, namely, Lizzie, now Mrs. Brown, already mentioned; Mrs. Alice Williams of Cresson and Bernard Parrish of Cambria township. Margaret Jane who was a Sister of Charity, died more than thirty years ago. James Parrish of Munster township died about ten years ago. Ellen, wife of Zachariah Kaylor of Allegheny township, has been dead about eight years and Mathilda, wife of William Parrish, of Lilly is also dead. The late Samuel, Daniel and William O'Hara of Munster township were brothers of the deceased who was a half sister of John O'Hara of Munster township, Oliver O'Hara of near Pittsburg and Miss Rachel O'Hara.
Mrs. Parrish was a most estimable lady, a devoted wife, mother and sister, a kind neighbor and a faithful Christian. Her funeral took place today after a high mass of requiem in the Church of the Holy Name in this place of which parish she had long been an exemplary member. Rev. Father O'Neil conducted the funeral services, after which interment was made by the side of her late husband in the cemetery adjoining the church, a large assemblage of relatives and friends attending the funeral.